Random Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Divine Miss M

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bette Midler is rumored to be one of the replacements for Celine Dion when her show ends in December. Robin Leach recently chatted with Bette who says: I'm not a spring chicken anymore. It would be a tough challenge, and I'm really worried about my throat. That's a lot of singing every night and I just don't know if it would hold up." Robin reassured her that the Colosseum was fully moisturized and the theater family would ensure she had the same drizzle spray system in place as Celine has. "Well that reassures me, I'll come," she said delightedly." Bette admitted that her cast and crew are all excited and looking forward to the Vegas run, once all the details are worked out and then there should be an announcement made sometime here within the next couple of weeks.

Bette's got enough salty songs, dirty jokes and a few F-bombs thrown into her act for good measure, but everybody laughs along in hysterics and nobody gets offended. This gal is over 60 but sings and high kicks like the best of them. Oh wouldn't that be grand to see the Divine Miss M in LV! Hope this works out for her. She'll make a big bucket of dough and won't have to tour. I guess we will just have to stay tuned for the announcement.

Source: Robin Leach

No comments: