Random Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I Am Not Mother Teresa

Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie hates the 'Mother Teresa' label, insisting she does not want the publicity for her charity work.

Jolie, who has adopted three children Maddox, Zahara and Pax from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam respectively, says she became involved in humanitarian causes because of her celebrity status.

Jolie, who has adopted three children Maddox, Zahara and Pax from Cambodia, Ethiopia and Vietnam respectively, says she became involved in humanitarian causes because of her celebrity status.

She says, "I don't want to act like the Mother Teresa of Hollywood. I quite simply want to help where there is poverty and destitution. Am I the only one who thinks and acts like that?

"It became clear to me I was an incredibly privileged Hollywood star and I had to so something against the screaming injustice on this planet."

Oh & BTW Angelina filed papers in Los Angeles today to change Pax's name from Pax Thien Jolie to Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt. So, those break-up rumors on the front of every gossip mag don't seem to be true.

source

No comments: